Pages

Casa Mila Barcelona


Casa Mila Roof Terrace

Myself and Jenny at Casa Mila

Parc Guell Mosaics used as Garment Textiles

I spent this past Friday night doing exactly what I wanted to do; watching Vicky Cristina Barcelona with a glass of rose. I had no idea it would prove to be such a productive evening. About a week ago, Joe Denaro asked us to collage our class drawings. I still had not yet decided what location to place my figures in. After watching this film there was no question I wanted to put them in Barcelona. Much like the film's character Vicky, I too hold an unwavering love for Antoni Gaudi's architecture.

A few summers ago, my friend Jenny and I went on a Spanish escapade through Barcelona, Ibiza, and Madrid. Without a doubt, Gaudi's most ornate, exquisite works are what resonate with me most. To be honest, I had trouble deciding between Parc Guell and Casa Mila for the background on this piece. In the end I resolved to place them on the roof of Casa Mila, while incorporating the mosaics of Parc Guell into the fabrics of the garments. This work has me dreaming of the hot sun on Las Ramblas. Enjoy!!