Pages

My Favorite Things

Giuseppe Zanotti Design 2009



Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...

Today my incredible Mom is celebrating her birthday and since I can't be with her this post is devoted to her. An eternal Julie Andrews, my Mom is one of the most endearing, charming, gracious, and loving women alive. She is the driving force behind my family and my dearest confidant. My sister and I started a tradition when we were children of drawing the gifts we could not afford, but would like to give to our parents, for Christmas or Easter. Since I'm still a student unfortunately I've had to return to this tradition for her birthday.

I've drawn for her a 2009 Giuseppe Zanotti Design platform. My Mom has the most incredible taste in shoes. Though I know she would never wear these, 'too high' she would say, I'm certain she would appreciate it as art. For months now she's been telling me to post my illustrations of shoes that I've been doing over the past 6 or 7 years. Her birthday is the perfect opportunity to start. Mom I wish you the most wonderful birthday today and know that I'm with you always. Thank-you for being so much more than I ever could have wished for.

All my love,
Meag xx