Pages

Chocolat





Happy Holidays Lovelies,

I'm so beyond thrilled to share my last project of the semester!! This week has been absolutely crazy. It felt like I accomplished everything and nothing all at the same time. Not exactly sure how that is even possible. Oh wait, I am. Painkillers for my leg and working like a machine make for a warped, alternate universe. The good news is my leg has finally healed in time for the Christmas festivities. I won't have to miss out on any dancing with family and friends. I feel like I've been away from my (blog) life for so long, even though it has only been a few days.

Anyways, here are my movie poster designs for the film Chocolat. It felt like the perfect choice of film to work on during the winter season. I loved the idea of designing a typeface out of a fluid like hot chocolate. Something about the natural swirls, created through the movement of liquid, lent itself beautifully to the movie title. I also fell madly in love with Juliette Binoche's face while painting her portrait. Her features are so unbelievably stunning, a painter's dream. Now I can finally begin to celebrate Christmas' imminent arrival. Can't wait to fly home to the snowy countryside. Happy almost weekend everyone and enjoy!!