Pages

Wearing Red








Hello My Darlings,

Firstly, I wanted to express my deepest gratitude for all the heartfelt comments you left on my most recent post. You've given me so much more than you could ever know with all your words of encouragement. Secondly, I would like to extend a BIG thank-you to all the new blog followers. It's so amazing to have you on board, and now onto the post. Let me just say that I find it a bit coincidental that every class model my block has been illustrating this past week has been wearing red. You see I always intended on addressing Valentine's Day on my blog and I sort of figure with all the red in my sketches, this is a good opportunity to do so.

This year, for the first time in many years, I do not have a designated Valentine's Day recipient. Even if it was just a friend, my puppy, or my family in previous years, I've always had someone to direct my love towards. So instead, I would like to propose an alternative Valentine's Day whereby I'M the recipient of my own adoration. 'Dear Meagan, will you be my Valentine?' I'm not talking total self-indulgence with sweets and shopping sprees. I'm suggesting taking Feb 14th, 2011 to actually celebrate the good in me, despite my several flaws, and directing my love in the mirror for a change. Maybe, just maybe, I will get it back in return.

What I've learnt through many hardships and let downs is that the only person you can count on is yourself. Yet we so often forget to give ourselves a pat on the back, or acknowledge that we are always there for ourselves. You're the only person who sees you through everything. You're your truest best friend, so why not be your very own Valentine this year :)!! I really believe in the saying that you can't REALLY love someone else until you love yourself. So before I turn around and spread my love to the MANY incredible people in my life this coming Monday, I think I would like to take a little time to show myself some love too.

Meag xx