Pages

The Dripping Dress





Good Evening Loves,

How has your week been? For those of you who follow me on twitter you may recognize this first illustration as one I shared with you during my Wednesday morning class. We were drawing from JC the model and I was so utterly inspired. She was wearing this incredible blonde bob wig and 50's style off-the-shoulder dress that was to die for. I took the opportunity to release a lot of emotions and just let the ink drip where it wanted to. It reminded me so much of my fine art years back in high school where I would literally throw the paint on the canvas. Sometimes I feel like my art strongly borders on the line of fine art and illustration because I don't feel satisfied unless I've worked a sufficient number of hours on a drawing.

I can't thank-you enough for your input on my Magnolia Bakery bag. Although I wasn't able to change too many things as per the request of my professor, I did take a lot of what you said into consideration. The truth is, every artist needs a fresh eye, clean perspective, otherwise you stop seeing what it is you're producing. It's hard to step back and be your own critic. Sometimes it's hard to be anything but your own critic but that's a whole other topic lol. Have a great Friday everyone and enjoy!!

Lots of love,
Meag xx