Pages

Goddess







Goddess, oh how far I feel from being one right now. For the past four weeks my life has been absolutely positively consumed with career grooming and overhauling. No one said it would be easy, certainly not for the second time around, but boy did I not see this coming. Updating my resume, making over my blog, preparing my portfolio (for illustration, design, and various other career pursuits), going to interviews, interning, working on new illustration commissions, attending meetings for upcoming projects, and maybe sneaking in a few social events too :), I really never saw summer. Now suddenly my former classmates are heading back to school and I'm wondering when it's time for the beach.


Periods of transition like this always induce such anxiety. It's the instability of not knowing what's coming next, what opportunity will strike, but it also makes for possibly one of the most exciting times in one's life. I spent the last two years in school wanting to get out so I could do exactly what I'm doing now. I'm finally here and I'm wanting to be settled in a job and my career pursuits. When does the wanting stop and the enjoying begin? Maybe it's just me? I don't really know. But what I do know is that without struggle there can be no progress. Thank goodness I was born with a lot of fight in me because New York is not for the faint of heart. My hunger for success has never been more strong.


As my friend Jenny and I say, the time is now, so what are you waiting for?


Lots of love,
Meag xx