Pages

Illustration Commission for FLARE Magazine November 2011

Gorgeous November cover star Kirsten Dunst below

Hello My Loves,

Happy Monday and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!! I'm SO thrilled to finally be able to share this illustration commission I did for Canada's leading Fashion Magazine (and my not-so guilty pleasure) FLARE. You have no idea how much of an honor and absolute dream come true it was to work for them. I grew up reading FLARE and never in a million years would I have guessed that I would one day contribute an original piece of artwork to their pages.

Every issue they have an illustrated It-Girl adorning their Horoscope page. My challenge was to render the sultry and French style goddess, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, with all the sass and sensuality she possesses. For those of you who don't know, Julia is the daughter of former Vogue Paris Editor-in-Chief, Carine Roitfeld. Somehow my hobby of scanning through images of the Roitfelds for inspiration became an absolute necessity for a job (a definite pinch-me moment).

Thank-you again Tanya, Michelle, Ryan, and the whole FLARE team for this incredible opportunity. And can we all just take a moment to acknowledge how unbelievably gorgeous their cover is for November?!! Hello Kirsten and swoon worthy Giambattista Valli, can I magically transform myself into this cover with you?!! Go and grab a copy on newsstands now.

Much love,
Meag xx