Pages

Postcard from Cairo
























Hola Lovelies,

It feels so great to be posting this homage to Cairo!! Reliving a not so distant past comes quite easily, especially when it made such an impression on me. One week ago I was standing on top of the Cairo Tower overlooking the grand city divided by the Nile. I have had dreams of visiting this place my whole life and to finally experience it felt completely natural and yet entirely surreal. Wandering through a post revolution Cairo felt equally exhilarating and enlightening. I couldn't help but feel humbled by its enormity and overwhelming sense of national pride.

Climbing the pyramids was otherworldly. However, climbing the pyramids in a sandstorm was just pure hostility lol. I spent most of my time in Giza crying just to rid the dust from my eyes. I'm not sure that I will ever return to this city but I know that it will forever live in my memory. I also know that the trip would not have been the same had I visited before January 2011. I feel honored that I was able to witness a Cairo in transition. I feel even more fortunate that I was able to be within arms reach of every major sight due to the lower tourism rates.

This postcard is just the first of many that I hope to share from this adventure. I hope at the very least it encourages people to go and experience Egypt for themselves. Stay tuned for many more photos!!

Much love,
Meag xx