Pages

Illustrators Drawing Illustrators: The Portrait!!

Parisian Hair Clip
Dubai's Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa
Istanbul's Blue Mosque, Baklava, and Turkish Coffee
Paris' Eiffel Tower, Macaroons, and London Bridge

I can't believe it's finally here, the day of the 'Illustrators Drawing Illustrators' portrait post. For those of you who are just tuning in, on Dec 22nd 2010 I asked my fellow artist bloggers to submit their name to me in order to be assigned another illustrator's portrait to draw. I pulled each name from a hat which resulted in the following list. Today is the day we post, link, and marvel at the incredible talent on the portrait blog crawl. The recipient of my portrait is the beautiful Ana Simonovic of ShoeRA. She's an architect and blogger based primarily in Dubai.

Not only is Ana a style maven, but a true world traveler. I was determined to illustrate her worldliness, architectural background, as well as her appreciation for all things glamorous. I resolved to design a structured dress that encompassed snapshots of her trips through London, Paris, Istanbul, and Dubai. I used her very own photos as references from the hair clip, to the turkish coffee cup. I had a blast drawing from my own experiences in each city too. Ana, I truly hope you like what I've done and that I managed to capture even a fraction of your essence.

Now begin the portrait blog crawl here!!