Pages

The Thing About Tradition















Introducing My Sister Nicole

Hello Friends,

So we meet again in 2011. I contemplated for a while about putting together a farewell compilation of photos taken throughout 2010 for New Years. Truth be told, the minute I opened my iphoto library I experienced a huge wave a repulsion. Not a single ounce of my being wanted to look back. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy 2010. In fact, I did a lot of incredible things this year between traveling half-way across the world and beginning this blog. That said, I want nothing more than to look forward; You know what they say, out with the old, in with the new.

I couldn't be more relieved about moving into 2011. Starting in February, I will be beginning my fourth and final semester at FIT. That means come April our fashion illustration block will be displaying our curated showcase at the Museum at FIT. I plan on taking a little vacation in the spring after all the hard work, and in preparation for May graduation. Furthermore, this summer I will be entering into the working world again and hopefully launching my career in illustration. Just thinking of all the possibilities, and uncertainties, I couldn't be happier.

That said, I do want to address my New Years. As far back as I can remember my family has met days before New Years Eve to purchase our big feast at St. Lawrence Market in Toronto. This market meet-up has been one of my favorite of all the holiday traditions. However, this year it was deemed unnecessary due to lack of time. My sister and I took it upon ourselves to go anyways to keep it alive. The thing about tradition is it grows with you, adapts to you, until it becomes something new altogether. Here are some photos of the old/new tradition. Enjoy!!

P.S. Big thanks to my awesome sister Nicole for her great eye and photography skills.