Pages

Draw Me In: Gucci SS11!!

Jenny in Rio wearing Gucci SS11

Photo Style.com


And the winner of 'Draw Me In' is: Jennifer Devenny from The Adventures of Super Healthy Girl and my most beautiful, dearest friend!! I was so elated to pull Jenny's name from the hat which you can see in the video above. Jenny and I have known each other since the tender age of 18. We met our very first year at McGill University in Montreal, Canada and instantly became inseparable (so inseparable I moved her next door to me in residence :P). Sometimes you can't quite explain the chemistry between two friends. We are almost like ying and yang. What I do know is that I couldn't imagine my life without her and I cherish everyday that we get to spend together here in New York. You wouldn't believe it but this is the first time I've ever properly drawn her.

Jenny chose this incredibly sexy and chic Gucci SS11 look. I was dying to put her in an equally lust worthy location. I've had Brazil on my mind for the past couple of weeks and Jenny has wanted to work in South America almost as long as I've known her. I thought Rio de Janeiro, Brazil would be the perfect location for her. Moreover, since I've had the great privilege of watching Jenny grow into the incredible woman she is today, I wanted the illustration to reflect that. Jenny almost always smiles from ear to ear in photos, so I decided to draw her more subtly with a quiet confidence. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I really hope this drawing conveys my absolute adoration for Miss. Devenny. Fingers crossed that she likes it :)

Thank-you again to everyone who submitted for the contest!! I REALLY wish I could have drawn all of you. I'm overjoyed by the reception on this blog. You all make me better.

Lots of love,
Meag xx