Pages

Sweet Tooth

My Design: Magnolia Bakery Shopping Bag Front
Bag Layout Above
Current: Magnolia Bakery Shopping Bag Front

Hello My Friends,

How has your week been? I'm so happy to be back on my blog!! I feel this big weight lifted off my shoulders now that I have some pretty major projects underway (one of which I'm about to share with you). I mentioned before somewhere on here that my fashion illustration block is preparing for our final graduation show in May. Basically we have double the amount of assignments we usually do and between the 25 students in our section they select the very best work to display. Needless to say we are all feeling the pressure. I feel increasingly torn between wanting to give school my all but also venturing into my post-graduate professional life. I can remember this transition very well from my McGill days, but this time it means so much more.

Our first major assignment for Marcos Oksenhendler was to re-design a shopping bag of our choice. I absolutely loved the project concept because I think it's an incredible way to illustrate (no pun intended) how our major can be applied to the real world. I chose to re-design Magnolia Bakery's shopping bag. Any New Yorker has tried at least one of these famous baked goodies (Miss Carrie Bradshaw and co.) and I happen to be a neighbor of the West Village shop. I walked in casually one day, asked for their shopping bag, and began the reinvention. The current bag design is a little underwhelming to say the least. That gave me so much room to play. I wanted to design something Easter oriented with plenty of color and here it is.

I can't thank-you enough for all your support!! I've received some really kind emails in the last while from some incredible people around the world and I'm just bursting with excitement. I know I just said this all in my video but you can never be too appreciative. Anyways, I have so much planned for Travel Write Draw and can't wait for you to be apart of it.

Lots of love,
Meag xx