Pages

Looking Up

Postcard Front (above) and Back (below)

Hello Darlings,

I hope you had a fabulous week. I started creating this post on Monday while sitting at the airport waiting for my delayed flight. It has taken me this long to complete what I started lol. 'Looking Up' is not only a literal description of the image I'm sharing with you but also totally reflective of my current mood. After last week's major disappointment I'm so happy to reveal that there will be a big turn of events. Although I want to wait to share the details with you after it occurs I will say that I'm absolutely elated and forever grateful to be included in a very special occasion. My life as of late has just been flooded with so many twists and turns, unpredictable events, major highs and lows, that I'm forced to just flow with it.

Speaking of highs and lows, this particular work of art was produced for my business postcard assignment in Joe Denaro's class. It was almost my demise because there were so many little elements that needed to be tweaked and perfected. I'm not sure that even now it is exactly finished. I definitely felt the pressure of producing for an art director on this piece. In the end I'm so grateful for all the criticism because it opened my eyes that much more to elements of composition, shapes, and color palettes. I realize that I never do stop learning and that my best will get better the more I'm pushed, the more I push myself. The sky really is the limit. Isn't that quite fitting for this postcard as the girl turns her head up to the clear blue sky?

I wish you well and miss you all!! I really can't wait to share the exciting news with you.

Much love,
Meag xx