Pages

Fashion Quotes



Good Evening Friends,

Before I begin I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your overwhelming support and encouragement regarding my W Hotel show. Honestly, I was beyond touched by your comments and I feel so blessed to have connected with such incredible people across the globe. I guess I'm feeling particularly emotional tonight because it is the eve of our final submission day for the Fashion Illustration AAS show. The last four semesters have lead up to this moment. I just can't believe how quickly time passes. Moreover, I can't get over how much I've done since this September. To think I only started this blog 7 months ago just blows my mind and now I have all of you wonderful people to push me to be better.

The project I've posted here is the final piece I'm submitting for the show's consideration. Each student was assigned a fashion quote to be interpreted in a 14 X 17 illustration. I selected at random "We are shaped and fashioned by what we love" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. At first I was entirely perplexed as to how I would interpret this quote. Then it suddenly dawned on me, to have all the things I love, construct a fashion figure silhouette through their arrangement on a page. I pushed it even further by using only luxury fashion and lifestyle items, referencing Paris Vogue, style.com, specifically Prada SS11. The big debate with this piece was how to integrate the type. I'm fairly pleased with the outcome after a million trials.

So loves, this will be my last post for a while since I will be traveling until April 25th. I wish you a wonderful Easter holiday, and for those of you who are on Spring Break, enjoy!! Keep your fingers crossed for me that my work gets selected to be in the show!!

All my love,
Meag xx