Pages

My Illustrations at W Hotel New York - Times Square


Model Muse and Artist at W Hotel

Setting up for Karen's interview


Beautiful Alex and I standing in front of my work

Kayla, Jimmy, Michelle, and Elvis sitting under my work


Pretty Ladies in Blue

The New York Times photographing Dayna and my illustration

Drawing the models

Kayla in front of her work

Cristel in front of her work

Jimmy and I in front of his work

Illustrating Dayna sitting below Dayna illustrated

My Shauna Trio



The brilliant Mara Louise Cespon and I

My illustrations from the reception

Hello My Loves,

Alas I can finally reveal my very exciting news to you all!! Thank-you ever so much for your incredible patience. Trust me, it wasn't easy keeping this to myself for so long, but I just felt I had to see it before I disclosed it. On March 23rd I was informed that two of my illustrations were chosen to be exhibited in W Hotel's 'Drawing Inspiration: Ladies of the Night' fashion illustration show. Seven works were picked in total including a piece by the brilliant Steven Stipelman and four of my classmates James Skarbek, Kayla Burdon, Mara Louise Cespon, and Crystal Schoen. Better yet our originals were blown up to enormous proportions in order to be hung throughout W Hotel's Times Square living room lounge.

I can't describe just how incredibly honored I feel to have been chosen by W Hotel to be apart of this show. Moreover, there are no words to express how deeply grateful I am to my professor Karen Santry for having provided us with this opportunity. Karen not only leveraged her outstanding reputation to bring my class along to the Oscar de la Renta Fall 2011 fashion show this year, but also now this exhibition with W Hotel. For those of you who live in New York or will be visiting, the show is open to the public from now until May 3rd. Simply enter the lobby at 48th and Broadway and take the elevator up to the seventh floor. The works are extraordinary and I'm so proud to hang amongst such incredible talent.

Hope the wait was worth it. Enjoy the photos, or better yet, the actual show :)

Much love,
Meag xx