Pages

Hard Candy






Hello Darlings,

How was your weekend? I've been going through so many changes in my postgrad life, I don't even know where to begin. For one, these are the first set of gesture drawings that I've produced outside of FIT and since completing my degree. You have no idea how strange it feels to not have one of my incredible professors checking over my work, making sure the figure is just right, or that the rendering is true to me. I'm really starting to feel like I'm flying solo for the first time in two years. It's terrifying, it's exciting, but above all, it's time.

I've joined the NYC Meetup group titled Would You Rock This that is devoted to the promotion and celebration of the field of fashion illustration. People from all creative principles, including graphic and fashion design, attend alongside illustrators to draw from a fashion model. What I especially love is that they style the outfits of our model according to a theme. This past session was Lower East Side Rocker. When I finished drawing the looks, I wanted to contrast them with a sweet background for a clever juxtaposition. Hard candy felt like the perfect match.

A little bit tough, a side of sweet, the perfect treat!!

Enjoy,
Meag xx